Our Team will be traveling in August 2012 to participate in various humanitarian projects in Malawi, Africa. We have partnered with a Canadian organization (Visionledd & WOW) which is called to motivate, educate, equip and empower those infected with and affected by HIV/AIDS. Then we will connect with and assist an organization called “Somebody Cares “, situated in Malawi and established to provide home based care and other assistance to widows and orphans.
While there we hope to be:
- Doing bible studies with widows in the community
- Feeding and playing with children
- Doing ministry with rape counselors
- Helping train local youth workers
- Having a celebration with the Somebody Cares workers and giving them gifts to encourage them in their work
Once we return home, Somebody Cares, will continue to provide home-based care, support, assistance and teaching – the orphans will not be left alone in their plight.
In general, we will be demonstrating to the people that, indeed, somebody does care. We want to be actively engaged in reaching our neighbours in Malawi; orphans and widows who desperately need our help.